Q3 and Q4 of 2016 saw Stowen undertaking comprehensive upgrade and maintenance work scopes for a client on a Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU) in the Middle East.
Stowen mobilised multi-disciplined construction personnel and equipment from our UK and USA facilities to undertake the comprehensive work scope, carried out quayside in a ship repair facility.
With temperatures soaring to 54oC, undertaking heavy construction work was a real challenge for the onsite team. Stowen’s UAE project support staff were able to provide vital supplies of additional safety equipment and products to ensure safe working could continue throughout the day, maintaining the clients tight work schedule.
In addition to personnel, Stowen supplied specialist materials for the electrical, mechanical and piping scopes. Utilising our support bases in the UAE, UK, and USA, Stowen were able to ensure timely delivery and seamless logistical execution.
Stowen’s professionalism, “can-do” attitude and proactive approach to staff safety further assisted the client in closing out additional “11th-Hour” work scopes and completion of punch list items.
The following work scopes were completed using Stowen’s structural, electrical, piping and mechanical rope access personnel:
- Installation of NOV catwalk machine
- Installation of new shakers
- Installation of new helideck lighting system
- Installation of new platforms on the derrick
- Replacement of mud system HP valves
- Replacement of rotary table
- Replacement of helideck fire-monitor piping system
- Replacement of shaker house fire and gas system
- Replacement of rig lighting
- Cleaning and painting of drilling package sub- structure and cantileverAll construction and inspection was overseen by ABS, with Stowen compiling Data Dossiers for client and ABS acceptance.